SYTYCD and music!

I am a total dork, I admit... I watched So You Think You Can Dance (SYTYCD) this summer. There was jack-shit on and I have always loved dancing. I was watching the last competition episode this past week and there was this song I couldn't get out of my mind. I have a special place in my heart for classical music. It's not my first choice, but I do like the genre.

The last dance the 4 finalists did together was choreographed by Mia Michaels, who is excellent! Her song choices are always funky and fresh. The song was by the Vitamin String Quartet (VSQ) and the song was Hallelujah. I frantically searched the net for the song. I found it and found out the Vitamin String Quartet does classical cover albums for really anyone... from Pink Floyd to Incubus to Billy Joel to the Beatles. It is a totally different perspective listening to your favorite songs in string. So this newfound favorite song of mine is from Paramore, who I like. But I love this song.

It's funny because at first I started watching this show alone then it was something the girls and I enjoyed together since Em is in dance.

I am going to miss the show because it introduces new songs and artists I have never heard of. I look forward to next year.