Admirable...

A friend of mine has been an inspiration to me as of late. Our kids are close in age. She has two sons and I have two daughters.

Her youngest son 'P" has been sick. He hasn't been gaining weight. After several months in treatment he is faced with having surgery. He is going to have a feeding tube put in to supplement his food intake so he can gain weight. "P" is scheduled for surgery two days before Christmas. My girlfriend and her family are going to have a different type of Christmas, the praying kind.

My girlfriend has held very strong. I admire her... I admire her strength, her courage. Every time I talk to her I get chocked up when we talk. She tells me she spent time with "P". She gave him a bath and took picture of his bare tummy to cherish for the rest of her life. He will have a scar on his tummy and to hear her reminisce made me so sad.

"P" is going to have to have this tube for 2 years. He will do well with time.

Even though I won't be back home with her for support. I will be not only thinking of her and her family; I will be praying for them, and I will help her the best I can from afar.