How frustrating!

Yesterday I went to the Post Office to send out a small package for a friend during my lunch hour. I have been putting off sending this small package because I just knew my time would be worth more than paying to wait in line. Sure enough I was right! I walked in the door and there was a line of about 10 people with one person serving customers during lunch. No you would think a mindful business would "beef" up the staff during their peak hours to accommodate the clientele. I begin chatting with the lady in front of me. She is there with her daughter. Her daughter is acting the way I feel inside. She is shifting her weight and sighing heavily. Come to find out her daughter is in pre-school. Inside I have the mentality of a pre-schooler. I just want to lash out and act like she was and take it a step further and throw a freaking fit! As her mother and I begin to talk I proceed to tell her this post office is seemingly short staffed no matter what time you go. The staff will pop their heads in an out from behind the scenes. So you know there are other people there, but they choose to go back to whatever they were doing and ignore you the provider of their pay check.

With this behavior of the employees of this Post Office, why, why WHY are we paying more for stamps?!?!?!?!?! Understandably it could be because we are choosing to e-mail more. We are choosing other delivery methods like UPS or FedEx.

I realize we are living in the world of inflation.... Don't get me wrong there are several people who work for the government and do a damned good job. But why does the Post Office need to raise their rates? What is the purpose? With the increase of gas price increase we aren't getting any more bang for our buck, in fact our wallet screams. And we have to put our families on peanut butter and jelly to feed our vehicles.

Hell before we know it, it will be cheaper for us to pay $3 whatever for the gallon of gas and deliver the damned piece of mail ourselves.

Thank goodness I use my on-line banking bill pay and the bank pays for most of my stamps and I only pay for Christmas cards and shipping for miscellaneous packages.

Whew! I feel better!