Happy Mothers Day!

I received the following from a good friend of mine and client awhile back. I figured I'd save it for this special day to share with everyone else. Thank you Shelley!!


Before I was a Mom


Before I was a Mom I never tripped over toys or forgot words to a lullaby.
I didn't worry whether or not my plants were poisonous.
I never thought about immunizations.

Before I was a Mom - I had never been puked on.
Pooped on.
Chewed on.
Peed on.
I had complete control of my mind and my thoughts.
I slept all night.

Before I was a Mom I never held down a screaming child so doctors could do tests.
Or give shots.
I never looked into teary eyes and cried.
I never got gloriously happy over a simple grin.
I never sat up late hours at night watching a baby sleep.

Before I was a Mom I never held a sleeping baby just because I didn't want to put her down.
I never felt my heart break into a million pieces when I couldn't stop the hurt.
I never knew something so small could affect my life so much.
I never knew that I could love someone so much.
I never knew I would love being a Mom.

Before I was a Mom - I didn't know the feeling of having my heart outside of my body.
I didn't know how special it could feel to feed a hungry baby.
I didn't know what a bond between a mother and child was.
I didn't know that something so small could make me feel so important and happy.

Before I was a Mom - I had never gotten up in the middle of the night every 10 minutes to make sure all was ok.
I had never known the warmth, the joy, the love, the heartache, the wonderment or the satisfaction of being a Mom.
I didn't know I was capable of feeling so much before I was a Mom.

And to those to it applies too... And before I was a Grandma, I didn't know that all of those "Mom" feelings more than doubled when you see that little bundle being held by "your baby".


I hope all of you Moms, Moms-to-be, Grandmothers enjoy your day... Everyday should be Mother's Day.

If any of you have something to add to this list please do... I'd love to hear what everyone has to say about being a Mom, Mom-to-be, Grandmother or even a child.

Here are two of my favourite pictures of my daughter and I...

This picture was taken at Sanibel Island, Florida a few years ago when I went down there for a business trip.


This picture was taken around Christmas of 2005.