I am very lucky...

I had another recent conversation with a dear friend of mine, who is a few years younger than I. I have "virtually" known this person for approximately four months now and have created a bond with her as if she were my own sister. Today she actually told me that I am the "older sister she's never had." I took this compliment with great honour as I have been estranged from my sister for three years.

I never pictured myself looking "up" to someone younger than I, but I can honestly say that I have looked up to my friend on many levels. She has her own problems that she has faced within the last year and she has been dealing with them by writing her hardships within her own blog. When I first read her blog I knew I would have an instanteous bond with her. I don't know why I felt that way, but I am glad that I did. And thankfully my intuition served me right, we have become very good friends!

I always thought that I acted "older" than my age, but this person acts hell, way older than me. All with good reason. Her life literally flashed before her in one day. Everything changed and her outlook on seemingly everything changed. She left home one day a teenager and came home as an adult. I couldn't imagine such a life altering moment, but she has maintained her dignity and has stayed true to herself.

Whenever I read her posts, chat with her online or chat with her on the telephone I am grateful to have crossed paths with her.

It is times like this, that life can not get any better than this...

XXOO