Thursday Thirteen

Today my husband had his wisdom teeth removed... Here are thirteen things I have learned today...

  1. Always be supporting of your spouse...
  2. Never say you are acting like a "girl" to dismiss your actual feelings of fear...
  3. Try to maintain your cool and nervousness...
  4. BREATHE!
  5. Always welcome unwanted conversations from strangers...
  6. Always pretend to be listening.... to strangers...
  7. Pretend like you care while listening to strangers...
  8. Be thankful you lead a normal life... while talking to strangers...
  9. How many times can you possibly go to the pharmacy in one day??? Today for me THREE!
  10. How many different places can you go to get mushy food? THREE!
  11. What do you call a prescription of Vicodin? HAPPY PILLS!
  12. Never try to look into one's mouth who just had surgery while he's standing over you... DROOL CITY!!
  13. Do not... I repeat... DO NOT try to baby a perfectly capable man... It doesn't go over too well!
Leading up to my hubby's surgery I knew he was a bit nervous with this being his first ever, "major" surgery. I had my wisdom teeth taken out about 13 or more years ago... So I have been there, done that. It was cake and paled by comparison with other surgeries I have had... So, in a way I dismissed his fear... When I had my wisdom teeth taken out it was "cool" because I was in high school and I was able to be out of class for a bit. Admittedly when he was called back and the door closed I started tearing up... He's not supposed to have surgery or be in pain... I am! He's supposed to be my rock and all of a sudden within a split second I was his rock. I had to wait for him... I had to worry about him... This role reversal was killing me!

Ok... here's a bit of explanation about the stranger(s) in the waiting room... While I am waiting for my hubby to be done with surgery there are two men that walk in... They check in and sit down. After about 5 minutes we "kind of" start chatting.... The one actual patient starts talking about his wisdom teeth and how they will need to be removed. I told him like I told my hubby it's cake and you will be fine... He said he's nervous and I told him just to relax and life is good. He was then called back... I finally had a moment to go to the bathroom... I tried staying in there being extra OCD washing my hands to pass the time... I walk out and I am then was stuck with his Uncle... How do I know, because he told me. He was also telling me that he will have to get all of his teeth removed because his ex-fiancee's son while on crack cocaine assaulted him in his sleep with the butt of a crutch. And messed up all of his teeth. Then he was telling me about how his big toe was amputated from a work injury!!

I beg to ask this question again... Where on my forehead does it say... "TELL ME YOUR LIFE STORY IN GREAT DETAIL"???

Technorati Tag(s)